MPSuperShape: Shape import/export...
Import, export, and copy shapes to/from Microsoft MapPoint!
If you are already using Microsoft® MapPoint®, you know how useful shapes can be. Unfortunately the only way to create or transfer these shapes is by adding or removing points. It is impossible to copy shapes into a MapPoint map file, or to save them to a different file format or application. MPSuperShape is an add-in for Microsoft MapPoint which solves these problems.
MPSuperShape is a shape manipulation tool that greatly enhances MapPoint's shape capabilities. Possible import/export applications include:
- Managing and editing maps with complex multiple shape definitions.
- Transfering shapes to/from other GIS systems.
- Import third-party shape information and annotation.
- Export your shapes to other systems or people.
- Create webpages from MapPoint maps.
- Export pushpins contained by shapes to Microsoft Excel, listing one shape per worksheet.
In order to provide these benefits, MPSuperShape provides a range of features, including:
- Import shapes from external (non-MapPoint) files, including ESRI Shape and MapInfo MIF files.
- Export shapes to external (non-MapPoint) files, including ESRI Shape and MapInfo MIF files.
- Support for files that use a wide range of different coordinate systems and projections.
- Copy MapPoint shapes and pushpins to online maps.
- Copy shapes between different MapPoint maps - reuse the same shapes on multiple maps!
MPSuperShape also supports KML and GML for import and export operations. KML ('Keyhole Markup Language') was developed for Google Earth, but is also supported by Google Maps and Microsoft Bing Maps. GML is an XML-based open GIS format that is managed by the Open Geospatial Consortium.
MPSuperShape also includes a range of shape manipulation operations.
MPSuperShape requires the following:
- Microsoft MapPoint 2006 or later (North America or Europe)
- Microsoft .NET 4.0 or later
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8, Vista, or XP
The .NET Framework can be downloaded from the Microsoft website (Download Link for .NET 4.0).
Click here for a free 14 day trial of MPSuperShape. The trial version must be registered if you wish to use it beyond the 14 day trial period. MPSuperShape licenses can be purchased online for US$75.