MPRouteWriter: Export Microsoft® MapPoint® Route WayPoints to MS Excel®
Have you tried to import or export route pushpins with Microsoft MapPoint, only to find that MapPoint refuses to preserve their route order?
If so, then MPRouteWriter will solve your problems. MPRouteWriter exports MapPoint route waypoints to Microsoft Excel in their route order. Waypoints can be cross-referenced with pushpins, allowing the pushpin information to be also exported.
MPRouteWriter also includes the MPRouteReader add-in. MPRouteReader allows you to create MapPoint routes from pushpins using a pre-determined order. This order is specified using one of the pushpin data fields - typically a sequence number imported from Microsoft Excel or Access.
- Export route pushpins to Excel.
- Export pushpins to a text file - Excel not required!
- Maintain the route order for the waypoints / pushpins.
- Output all available data for each pushpin.
- Output addresses and/or coordinates for each pushpin.
- Output or create rest breaks.
- Create a route from pushpins in a pre-determined order.
- Create a route from a sub-group of pushpins in a pushpin set.
- No need to upgrade from 2006: Works with all versions of Microsoft MapPoint from 2006 onwards.
Additional features, include:
- Ability to output waypoint distance and/or times.
- Ability to batch over-ride all waypoint stop times.
- Ability to output the optimum waypoint order, instead of the current one.
- Supports datasets with pushpins that have duplicate names.
- Route export can sort pushpin data fields according to name.
- Ability to export route distances, travel times, and average speeds for intervals between stops.
- Route import can sort pushpins according to numeric or text fields.
- Route import supports both ascending and descending pushpin sorts.
- Route import can use special 'home' pushpins as start and/or end locations.
- Route import can set waypoint stop times to the same value, or to individual values.
- Walk-through tutorials.
- Supports all geographic editions of MapPoint.
- Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, and XP are all supported.
A more in-depth description of the benefits and features can be found on the guided tour.
Requirements: You must have Microsoft MapPoint (2006 or later) installed, and the Microsoft .NET Framework v4.0. The .NET Framework is available as a standard Windows Update, and as a free download from the Microsoft website. The Excel export option also requires Microsoft Excel (2003 or later) to be installed. MPRouteWriter runs with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and 8.
Click here to download MPRouteWriter. This is a free trial version that will last for 14 days, and must be registered if you wish to use it beyond this period. MPRouteWriter licenses can be purchased online for US$75 each. Other purchase options and volume discounts are also available.
Please use our contact form for MPRouteWriter support.