Quickly combine and intersect shapes in Microsoft MapPoint!
Import, export, and copy shapes between maps!
If you are already using Microsoft® MapPoint®, you know how useful shapes can be. Unfortunately the only way to modify these shapes are by adding or removing points. It is impossible combine shapes or to easily find overlaps between shapes. It is also impossible to transfer shapes into MapPoint or to transfer them to an external application. MPSuperShape is an add-in for Microsoft MapPoint which solves these problems.
MPSuperShape is a shape manipulation tool that greatly enhances MapPoint's shape capabilities. Possible applications include:
- Combining drive-time areas to find the total area covered by existing depots
- Finding territory overlaps
- Defining territory shapes around customer pushpins
- Finding areas which meet multiple characteristics
- Transfering shapes to/from other GIS systems
- Create webpages from MapPoint maps
- Export pushpins contained by shapes to Microsoft® Excel®
MPSuperShape provides the following benefits:
- Combine multiple shapes
- Find the intersection (overlap) between shapes
- Create boundary shapes around groups of pushpins and/or shapes
- Simple shapes for improved MapPoint effiency
- Delete multiple shapes at once
- Modify the colors, line thicknesses and/or Z position (order) of multiple shapes at once
- Import shapes from external (non-MapPoint) files, including ESRI Shape and MapInfo MIF files
- Export shapes to external (non-MapPoint) files, including ESRI Shape and MapInfo MIF files
- Import/Export shapes and pushpins using different projections and coordinate systems
- Copy MapPoint shapes and pushpins to online maps
- Copy shapes between different MapPoint maps - reuse the same shapes on multiple maps!
MPSuperShape also supports KML and GML for import and export operations. KML ('Keyhole Markup Language') was developed for Google Earth, but is also supported by Google Maps and Microsoft Bing Maps (nee Virtual Earth). GML is an XML-based open GIS format that is managed by the Open Geospatial Consortium.
MPSuperShape requires the following:
- Microsoft MapPoint 2006 or later (North America or Europe)
- Microsoft .NET 4.0 or later
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8, Vista, or XP
The .NET Framework can be downloaded from the Microsoft website (Download Link for .NET 4.0).
Click here for a free 14 day trial of MPSuperShape. The trial version must be registered if you wish to use it beyond the 14 day trial period. MPSuperShape licenses can be purchased for US$75 using a number of different purchase options.
Do you need a MapPoint shapes of each US State? If so, see the Single State Mapper pages!