Easily export your Microsoft MapPoint spatial data
Do you need to export your Microsoft® MapPoint® data to another application?
For example, do you need to re-create your attractive MapPoint map on a webpage or in another map application? Or perhaps you would like to use your data map in a drawing tool such as Inkscape or Adobe Illustrator?
If so, MPExporter will solve your problems. MPExporter can export all of the accessible data from your Microsoft MapPoint map to a number of geospatial and vector formats.
- Export map datasets, shapes, pushpins, and routes.
- Flexible: Works with virtually all MapPoint datasets.
- Ability to create web pages containing working, interactive maps.
- Can be used to create illustrations using a wide range of map projections.
MPExporter exports all of the accessible data from a Microsoft® MapPoint® map file into one of a number of formats. These formats include KML and SVG. MPExporter can also export to HTML, creating an interactive web map using Google Maps or Bing Maps.
- Ability to export all available dataset types.
- Ability to export all shape types (text boxes are written as annotated pushpins).
- Support for all of MapPoint's colors, line thickness, and arrow head settings.
- Ability to export routes (as polylines where the format does not support routes).
- Ability to export geospatial annotation in the form of a KML (Keyhole Markup Language) file for Google Earth, etc.
- Ability to export vector drawings in the form of SVG (Simple Vector Graphics) for Inkscape, Adobe Illustrator, etc.
- Support for a wide range of map projections when exporting to a vector drawing format.
- Ability to transform SVG map projection coordinates to your own coordinate system - e.g. for web usage.
- Ability to create interactive web maps using Bing Maps or Google Maps.
- Ability to write web pages as 'fragments' that can be included in templates, SSI, or PHP.
- Ability to write shaded area maps as a collection of shapes (Professional license only; currently US only)
- Walk-through tutorials.
- Supports all geographic editions of MapPoint from 2006 onwards.
- Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista and XP are all supported.
Note: Microsoft MapPoint does not expose any territory data (all versions) and the built-in demographic data (available in earlier versions only). Because this data is not accessible, it cannot be exported.
The Professional License of MPExporter adds the ability to export shaded area maps for support geographic areas as a collection of shapes. A full list of the currently supported geographic areas is available.
Click here to download MPExporter. This is a free trial version that will last for 7 days, and must be registered if you wish to use it beyond this period. MPExporter licenses can be purchased online for US$75 each (Basic License) or US$300 (Professional License). The Professional license adds the capability to write area maps as a collection of shapes. Other purchase options and volume discounts are also available.
Please use our contact form for MPExporter support.